Saturday, May 11, 2013

You know you have Teenagers IF...part 2

ok I loved Trish's You know you have a Teenager when....posted earlier this week.  She has a more recent post so we are getting a double dose...

You Know You Have Teenagers If... 

I used to think I understood motherhood, but after seventeen years, I am not sure I have a clue. Motherhood sometimes brings out the best or the worst in me, depending on the day. I used to think motherhood was about simply being here, changing diapers, giving baths, reading books and snuggling on the couch on rainy days under warm quilts. I used to think motherhood was refereeing fights between my kids, splitting cupcakes in half learning to master the scavenger hunt of back-to-school shopping.

You know you have teenage (girls) if you own a curling iron, a straightener, four blow dryers, a curling wand, and more hair gel, mousse and spray than Sally Beauty Supply.

You know you have teenage (girls) if you now know how to remove spilled nail polish from your leather sofa.

You know you have teenagers if you can’t get your kids to bed at night and can’t get them to wake up in the mornings.

You know you have teenagers if you have to box out a position in order to get five minutes in front of the bathroom mirror.


(You may read the rest of Trish's You know you have teenagers IF..  she does have boy ones posted too; however, I can't relate to that since I have two daughter and no sons.  article here.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding a Scrap of your Life.