Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Chesseburger 'n Fries Casserole

Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

So I won this book.....

I have made a few recipes from it, but my dd was looking through it and came across some helpful pages of common substitutes.  Actually there are about 6 pages.  now how cool is that I won't have to run to my computer I can just pick up my favorite cookbook company....Gooseberry Patch.  WooHoo!

Now for the recipe...I love simple things...of course I tweaked it a small bit cause I didn't have exactly what was called for. 

p. 111 of Simple Shortcut Recipes by Gooseberry Patch


Brown 2 lbs of ground beef and chopped onions, drain and place in greased 9x13 pan or baking dish. 

 Mix together 1 can of mushroom soup and cheddar cheese soup ( I didn't have cheese soup so I used cheese spread in it's place)  spread over ground beef mix.





layer package of frozen french fries on top...(as you can see I didn't have french fries so I used tator tots.)  Bake in 350 degree oven for 45-55 min. until fries are golden.

Garnish with favorite burger condiments:  catsup, dill pickles, mustard, topped tomatoes, onions, etc.  (I just set these on the table and let everyone fix theirs as they like.)
My family started off taking a bite or two on their plate plain.  Then building on it...
catchup... taste
mustard... taste
pickles...taste
The verdict....
hubby liked plain or just ketchup
dd liked ketchup and mustard
and me...  I loved the works.

There you have it folks plain, quick, simple, and yummy all rolled into one. 

also posted @:



1 comment:

  1. I haven't made a casserole like this in ages! Now that it's cold and snowy here, maybe it's time to try this one out! I'm sure the whole family will like this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding a Scrap of your Life.