Saturday, June 16, 2012

best of two worlds

Handmade by Heidi

Last night was June's FNSI,  I sewed in the best of two worlds.  The afternoon was so nice I started out around 4:30 PM taking my cross-stitch outside.  It was so lovely the breeze was beautiful and the shade made for a nice little sewing cove. 




@ 6 PM I had to pick up daughter from work so had to take a break. Then I worked on two kitchen towels for me inside @ my sewing machine.  They don't take long to make and I was in need of some new ones.  So I whipped up a couple for me while we waited for my oldest daughter to get off work @ 7 PM


Find easy directions on making these kitchen towel hangers here.

When oldest got off work and everyone in comfy clothes we made a quick supper and watched 2 episodes of  Little House and I cross-stitched again.  Below are pictures of before and after of my cross-stitch. 

cross-stitch before FNSI

cross-stitch after FNSI

Ever so slowly the picture is coming together.  Hope you all had a successful FNSI



2 comments:

  1. SOunds like a wonderful FNSI. I like to start in the daytime too whenever possible. I love your cs and can understand how time consuming it is as each tiny stitch in each colour goes into place. Those towels are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat idea for those potholders as handles on the kitchen towel! :) Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding a Scrap of your Life.