Saturday, May 19, 2012

weekend happenings

Handmade by Heidi

Last night was the night and it was on crazy night here.  Hubby didn't work so that makes it harder for me to participate in FNSI because when he doesn't work he wants to do something.  However, I did manage to squeak in about 2 hours of cross-stitching.  After supper and kitchen cleaned up got about an hour/hour an a half or so between daughter #1 going to work and daughter #2 coming home.  Then after the movie I got another 30 to 45 minutes before bed

SEW here is the before and after progress....

cross-stitch before FNSI





cross-stitch after FNSI


Was so excited today because I got the cookbook I won in the mail today.....



and guess what I quickly looked for a recipe for????......


Had a friend drop off about 8-10 lbs. of fresh asparagus last night sooooo I looked for a recipe and I found one.


However, I don't think I'm going to make this one tonight because I wanted a whole meal so I searched some of my recipes I received in posts this week and found one called Basil Asparagus Penne posted at Goodness Gracious.  (it too comes from a Gooseberry Patch cookbook.)




1 comment:

  1. Is ten pounds enough for canning? I love canning! It looks like a lot of progress on the XS, but then I'm very slow and have no patience for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding a Scrap of your Life.