Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Apple Crisp in a MUG

you've heard of cakes in a mug? Well, Laura Williams' Musings inspired me this morning with a post she posted on Pies and Crisp in Cast Iron skillet. Check out her post here.  Tonight I wanted a quick dessert so I thought to myself why wouldn't crisp in a mug work.  So I tried it, hubby was guinea pig.  He teasingly asked if he has signed a contract consenting to be guinea pig.  I told him yes, when he signed the marriage license 25+ years ago.    Any way it turned out pretty yummy.  I wish I had taken pictures, but it was kind of the last minute throw together thing so sorry there are no pictures.  Just tell you what I did.  Guess you have to use your imagination with the pictures.  


And now my Apple Crisp in a Mug


Ingredients:  (made 2 large 24 oz. mugs)
4 small-medium apples, peeled and cored and sliced
2 Tablespoons white sugar
1 cup of rolled or quick oats
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1-2 Tablespoons margarine  


Directions:
1.)  in sprayed mugs put apples and sprinkle with white sugar
2.) mix together oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.  Put this mixture over the apple slices in the mugs
3.)  Place dots of margarine on top of oat mixture
4.)  Microwave for 8 minutes
5.)  Serve hot with ice cream on top.  YUMMY! 


Visit the TMTT blog hop here for more yummy recipes.


bc line bar with bear

1 comment:

  1. That sounds good (easy too)!!

    Glad my post inspired you! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding a Scrap of your Life.