Friday, February 11, 2011

Beans B Ground....


Ok.  I've been meaning to post this for some time and just haven't done it.  Way back last year can't remember which month, but I won a bag of Eight O'clock whole Coffee beans (and I don't remember whose site I won it on).  So I had these whole beans and NO coffee mill.  It took me several months to decide what I wanted to do with these whole beans.  Then an inspiration came to me... I had tucked in the back of the pantry an old food grinder that I used to puree food when my now teen girls were babies.  So I dug it out and low and behold here is what happened...

like magic
the beans be grounds
Presto, my whole beans turned into grounds and my hubby and I loved the hazelnut coffee... It was just sssssoooo yummy!  This week I came to the bottom of the barrel and had to go back to regular flavor coffee.  Now that I know I can grind whole beans I may have to try some other flavors.  I saw a chocolate caramel brownie flavor bean... it sounds oh so yummy!  All those years of pack ratting and my food grinder came in handy again.  I tried to find the grinder on-line but just couldn't bring it up.  It is at least 20 years old if not older because someone gave it to my when my girls were babies, so probably don't even make them any more..... I think I may have to keep this grinder around for another rainy (or snowy) day, which ever be the case.   Just had to post my little episode. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding a Scrap of your Life.