Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lazy Man's Pickles (Refrigerator Pickles)



It's canning season. Today I tackled making pickles. I couldn't have done this last week with my back; however, this week I'm doing much better. So I thought I'd just do the Lazy version of pickles. They are oh, so E-A-S-Y!!!! I made two batches. Might make another two later in the week.


Lazy Man's Pickles

(Refrigerator Pickles)
Ingredients:
6 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
1 cup thinly sliced onions
1 cup sliced bell peppers
1 Tablespoon salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup vinegar
1 teaspoon celery seed




Mix the cucumbers, onions, bell peppers and slat. Store in Refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove and drain well.










Heat sugar, vinegar and celery seed until sugar dissolves.










Mix the liquid with cucumber mixture. Put into jar(s) and keep refrigerated.









1 comment:

Thanks for adding a Scrap of your Life.